Sunday, February 17, 2013

Le Bangle!

 Here are some of my latest dear folk, I have had a lot of fun creating these pieces and have some very special pigments indeed, ranging from The flinders which have 600 million year old colours through to  the Blue Mountains, a little younger in age but possess the same rich beauty you come to expect to see from Australian pigments.

Also, the other day when working in the studio I realised that when I think of a colour now I don't think of it by name any more; orange,yellow, blue and so on but rather in place, I caught myself thinking that a bangle I was working on needed some Iga Warta, a beautiful place in the Flinders Ranges in South Australia that is a hot spot for ochres, with a little Megalong Valley and finished of with some Austinmer!








































No comments:

Post a Comment